he kind of competitor, and what hes saying right now, -- he has told me, Im going to get this right, an | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 9
Double Olympic gold medallist Nicola Adams says she is excited by the prospect of boxing professionally. Lions Jerseys Online .In the strongest hint yet that the 34-year-old Briton will turn professional in 2017, Adams says there is huge potential for womens professional boxing.Adams, who won flyweight gold at London 2012 and Rio 2016 as an amateur, has yet to announce her plans for the future.But if Adams does announce her intention to turn professional, she will follow fellow Olympic champions Claressa Shields and Katie Taylor into the paid ranks.Of course its definitely one of my thoughts Im thinking about, as well as TV presenting, acting and Tokyo [Olympics in 2020], Adams told BBC Radio 4s Desert Island Discs.Its a lot to think about. I love the fact that if I go into professional boxing I will be taking up a whole set of new challenges. I love a challenge and I will be breaking down barriers and breaking down walls again.It does excite me a lot. Theres huge potential in the professional game. Its just waiting for a big name to step in there and open the doors.I dont think we are that far away, maybe a couple of years, from seeing a woman headlining in Las Vegas.Asked if one of those women could her, Adams replied: I most probably could be.Adams, from Leeds, also revealed she has rejected an offer to become an MMA fighter.I have been asked, but for me its boxing, she said.American Shields, who won two Olympic middleweight golds, made a successful professional debut on the undercard of Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward in Las Vegas while Irishwoman Taylor -- lightweight gold medallist in 2012 -- begins her professional career at Wembley Arena on Saturday.Shields, 22, from Flint, won a shutout 40-36 decision against Franchon Crews in her four-round super-middleweight bout at the T-Mobile Arena last Saturday.Taylor, 30, from Bray, is a five-time world champion in the amateur ranks who surprisingly missed out on a second Olympic medal in Rio. She faces Polands Karina Kopinska on Saturday after relocating to the US, where she trains in Connecticut. Authentic Lions Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Womens Lions Jerseys . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. http://www.cheaplionsjerseys.net/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. MILWAUKEE -- After a four-game sweep by the Pittsburgh Pirates and a blown opportunity Monday in the a series-opener against the St. Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell isnt worried about his team struggling to bounce back for the final month of the season.Weve turned the page well, Counsell said after Milwaukee blew a late lead and dropped a 6-5 decision to the Cardinals at Miller Park. Were playing these teams fighting for playoff spots. We just didnt do quite enough right.We have to capitalize on every single opportunity, defensively and offensively. Just a couple things we didnt do quite well enough; a couple of defensive things.In all, Milwaukee has dropped 11 of its last 15 games and is entering a difficult portion of the schedule; following the Cardinals series, the Brewers will face the Pirates again, the Chicago Cubs and the Cardinals again over the first two weeks of September.You have to do a lot of things right against these teams, Counsell said. Theres a sliver lining that were still fighting, for sure, but winning games against these teams ... its not easy.Milwaukee will try and snap its losing skid Tuesday when Wily Peralta takes the mound against the Cardinals Adam Wainwright.Peralta has shown encouraging signs since returning from a two-month demotion to the minors. Hes gone 1-2 with a 3.52 ERA in four starts and allowed two runs on five hits and three walks in a loss to Pittsburgh his last time out.I didnt think hiis slider was as good as its been in some of his previous starts but he made pitches when he had to and got through five innings, Counsell said after Peraltas last outing. Cheap Lions Store. Hes never beaten the Cardinals, posting an 0-2 record and 7.20 ERA in two previous career starts.Wainwright has looked little like a staff ace this season (9-8, 4.67 ERA) but has done some of his best work against Milwaukee, going 13-8 with a 2.23 ERA in 33 career appearances (26 starts including a 6-4 record and 2.65 ERA in 17 appearances (13 starts) at Miller Park.Still, hes lost his last three decisions and is 0-3 with a 6.38 ERA over his last seven starts.I had two months there where I pitched the way I always pitch, like I should pitch and how Ill pitch eventually here, Wainwright said. Eventually Ill pitch deep for this team and win the game. Its been a long, tough season.Wainwright was charged with seven runs in his last outing but only two of them were earned as St. Louis dropped a 10-6 decision to the Mets.St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said he isnt concerned over the longtime Cardinal aces struggles.I know the kind of competitor, and what hes saying right now, -- he has told me, Im going to get this right, and were going to go. Thats what I see, too, Matheny said. Theres nothing physical. Its August. Like everybody else, theres fatigue. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '